I have been observing for quite some time the ads of Accounting Firms visible on the MA blog. and clicking the links to find more about them.
Some of the accounting firms that I observed are
Zaidi & Co.
Berry & Co.
King & Watkins
JL Chartered Accountants
GK Kedia & Co.
and they have got a very informative website.
They are ICAEW, ACCA and ICAI firms practising in UK and India. The key highlights about the firm mentioned on their website:
- About Us
- Our Services
- Tax Calculators/Tax news
- News Room
- Fact Sheets
- Contact us
We trust you have found this site of interest. We would welcome the opportunity to hear from you. This may include:
- your comments on our web site
- a suggestion on additional content you would like to see
- a request for further information - let us know if you wish to be included on our mailing list
- a request for advice
- a request to meet
I tried find on google website of Cost Accounting Firms in India but without any success. Similarly when I did a google ICAI firms, it showed few results. You may notice that ICAEW promotes its directory on google ads and this shows commitment how agressively they are in the marketplace.
In India, the Practising Firms in India are not having a proper website or they do not feel the need to so !!!
When you look at the Code of Conduct of ICWAI, it is tune with times. See Members Section - Chapter 5, Part I, n and some of the highlights are as follows:
3. The Cost Accountants and / or Cost Accountants’ Firms would ensure that their Web sites are run on a “pull” model and not a “push” model of the technology to ensure that any person who wishes to locate the Cost Accountant or Cost Accountants’ firms would only have access to the information and the information should be provided only on the basis of specific “pull” request.
The screenshot on this blog are are ads from Google and it just states ABC & Co - Chartered Accountants and then the visitor clicks on it to know more. It is a pull request and not actively soliciting work. I never these obscure firms before but listing on text ads has enabled me to find about them.
(9) The members may include articles, professional information, professional up dation and other matters of larger importance or of professional interest.
This area on the PCA website will demonstrate the level of commitment to his work and profession. E.g Mr. Dateys website is very comprehension in this area. Other things being equal, any company would hire his professional services over other based on the technical knowledge displayed on his website.
(16) A number of Cost Accountants Societies or other bodies are creating data-bases of Cost Accountants or Cost Accountants’ Firms and are offering listing to Cost Accountants’. Such listing would be permitted with or without payment. In case a Cost Accountant or Cost Accountants’ Firm is a member of a professional body or association or Chamber of Commerce and they offer listing to the members or firm, the same would be permitted.
I have written in my earlier blog that our Institute website is an ideal reference point for finding PCAs. If PCAs ensure that it is continously updated with contact information and website links, they would be getting lot more inquiries about work in areas of practise. As the code of ethics suggests, listing in professional directory will help the public to know you and an updated website in an ideal gateway.
(20) The Website may provide a link to the Website of ICWAI, its Regional Councils and Branches and also the Website of Govt. / Govt Departments / Regulatory authorities / other Professional Bodies, such as, CIMA.
This is quite obviously. Our Institute website should always be there.
(23) The Website should mention the date up to which it is updated and the information should not be at material variance from the information as per the ICWAI’s records.
An updated website is always relevant. For instance, your old client or an acquantaince may be having your business card which may be 5 years old and he did not contact you long time. And now you have moved on to different location with different phone numbers. If he is not able to locate you in say 10 minutes, you are going to loose him for ever. A updated website or just by google he should be able to locate you.
A number of non-Cost Accountants’ firms, corporates including banks, finance companies and newspapers have set up their own Websites providing advisory services on taxation and other areas where Cost Accountants are rendering professional service. Some of such Websites may request Cost Accountants or Cost Accountants’ firms to provide consultation and advice through their Websites. This would be permitted subject to the condition that on the Website, contact address of the Cost Accountant concerned is not provided nor such Website will contain any material which advertises professional achievements or status of such Cost Accountant except making a statement that they are Cost Accountants.
(10) The bulletin boards can be provided.
The above two points demonstrates his commitment to the profession. I think bulletin blog should be read as writing Blogs as well. You will be surprised to know that the writing blog will always help you to be on top of the search on google. So you may imagine how many times you will get noticed in the accounting world.
Our Institute guidelines are up-to-date with the time. It is the time for the practising members to take initiatives and make their presence felt on the internet.
PS: For our members in employment
"If you have one coin and I have one - we exchange - we both have two coins each. If you have one idea and I have one - we exchange - we have two ideas each". So start your blogs and share your knowledge.