Worms reduce waster upto 80%, Google Advertising does the same for our marketing - Heather Gorringe, www.wigglywigglers.co.uk
There is a very good article "Cost and Management Accountant (CMA) – an Entrepreneur setting up practice as a CMA by Mr V R Kedia" published on the Management Accountant Journal of ICWAI. He has given useful tips on starting a practice and how to promote and build a network.
With the world on the Internet, you can get business if you have effective Internet presence and use Contextual advertising. A couple of tips:
- Professional Website: Your firm's should be a professionally looking website. It should give a details about your firm, contact information and updates on taxation / laws on the area that you practice. Anyone will be impressed when your information is up-to-date and receives a response when they contact you. Check with your Accounting Body about guidelines of the website. Master your firm's website in 10 minutes on Accounting Web - Richard Sergeant has very good tips. Read more.
- Contextual advertising: A contextual ad system scans the text of a Web site for keywords and returns ads to the Web page based on what the user is viewing, either through ads placed on the page or pop-up ads. For example, if the user is viewing a site about sports, and the site uses contextual advertising, the user might see ads for sports-related companies, such as memorabilia dealers or ticket sellers. Contextual advertising also is used by search engines to display ads on their search results pages based on what word(s) the users has searched for.
E.g. When you do a google search, you will notice sponsor ads that relates to your search . So advertising is key word targeted.How it Google Adwords work: When you create an AdWords placement-targeted ad, you choose the exact Google Network content sites where your ad will run and specify the maximum amount that you are willing to pay for each click (CPC) or each thousand page views (CPM) on that site. You pay whenever someone views your ad. As with keyword-targeted ads, the AdWords Discounter automatically reduces the actual amount that you pay to the lowest cost needed for your ad to win the placement on that page.Can you target a specific location ? The answer is "Yes". The ads about your firm's website will be displayed in a specific geography that you decide. So you do not spend an enormous amount on advertisement. Example of target advertisement. Click to enlarge the photo.
You can advertise on following websites:
Google Adwords , Chitika Use one of them or similar to them that will drive traffic to your website and generate inquiries for you.
3. Social Networking: Professional social networking sites are Linkedin and Xing that are quite popular. You should use it extensively to network with other professionals. Participate in the discussion forums on topics of your practice and you will get noticed. This will build up your internet presence.
You want to search for Rajendra Patil who specializes on Activity Based Management.
I invite your views on this topic and discuss other ways of promoting your firm.
Join Management Accountant Groups
Do you like to be updated in Accountancy ?
Subscribe to Management Accountant by Email
Subscribe in a reader
Visit MA Stores ? You will find something you are looking for ....
Management Accountant Store, US - Powered by Amazon
Management Accountant Store, UK Stores - Powered by Amazon, UK
Digital Store, US
You may also like to read
- Website of Accountants in Practise
- Practising Members Directory of ICWAI
- Selecting an Accounting or Audit Firm
- Directory of ACCA Firms
- Directory of ICAEW Firms
- Find a CPA
- Code of Professional Accountants - Search on google
- Who Khan is a better Management Accountant